Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Cadence of Hyrule Trailer, My Thoughts

In 2018, Canadian game studio Brace Yourself Games brought their game Crypt of the NecroDancer to the Nintendo Switch after it traveled to computers, PS4, Vita, and Xbox One. A roguelike rhythm game, it told the tale of Cadence, the daughter of a treasure hunter who goes on a quest to find him.

Evidently, Cadence's search has taken her to the magical land of Hyrule. That's right, we got a crossover! Crossovers have always been rather popular in video games since the first time Marvel's X-Men brawled with Capcom's Street Fighter crew. And now, Cadence will be dancing her way to Hyrule in...Cadence of Hyrule. Title says all you need to know. Let's take a look at the trailer!

By the way, you may have noticed the blog got a minor bit of a facelift. Yeah, fifth anniversary is coming, so I want to play with the blog's look a bit.


Ohhh, Cadence should've taken that left turn at Albuquerque.

I do like the graphical style. It feels like it could have been a mainline Zelda game from back in the day. Everything has a Link to the Past-vibe to it.

Kind of weird seeing gears in Hyrule.

I think they've got some nods to other Zelda games here. That gear machine may be a nod to Breath of the Wild, the wolf may be a nod to Twilight Princess, I would not be surprised if that was the case.

OH MY GOD, THAT'S TAL TAL HEIGHTS! Makes sense that song would be here, as there is a Link's Awakening remake in the works. I love this remix! They need to release this as a single!

You can play as Link...AND Zelda?! Sweet!

Zelda's got a spear! Neat! I wonder if she can still use magic! She traditionally is depicted as a magic user.

I love seeing the Bokogoblins dance!

Armos Knights Rock! That is all.

This game...I'm getting this! I am SOOOO getting this! I want this game! Hurry it up and put it out already! Give it to me! I want to see this done with other games! I want a Mario one! I want a StarFox one! I want a Yoshi one! Give these to me!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around!

No comments:

Post a Comment