Thursday, April 25, 2019

My Time in Portia Launch Trailer

In 1990, a game studio called Team17 was formed in Great Britain. Over the next thirty years, the studio would develop and publish numerous games for a variety of consoles and home computers. In fact, Team17 is most famous for the Worms series, which has over 20 games under its belt, not to mention various spinoffs. I played one of them quite a bit as a kid.

Like many other game developers, they're bringing games to the Nintendo Switch. One of them is a farm simulation game called My Time in Portia. Let's take a look at the launch trailer!


I like the art style for the game. It's very cute. Hard to believe that this is from the same company known for a bunch of games about worms blowing each other up.

Catch that...unusually large chick!

Cut down trees, mine the rocks, gather the resources. This game is already making me think of Stardew Valley. I gotta pick that game up again sometime.

Gotta build up the farm! Work work work!

From what I understand, in this game, you inherit a workshop, and you have to use it to help people build things and restore a rundown town. Neat. Reminds me a bit of Stardew Valley. But I guess such comparisons are unavoidable in games like this.

Ah, nothing like going fishing with your fellow townspeople. Great way to bond and get some food.

If you have dreams of being the next Karate Kid, this game has you in mind! There's no mercy in this dojo!

Blimps are making a comeback, I see.

Enjoy the Night of the Dancing Happy Ghosts!

Sounds like there's a lot you can do in this game.

Alright, fighting monsters! That's my jam! The RPG fam in me is pleased!

Hoo boy, when this place has rat problems, it really has rat problems.

Heh heh, funny butler robot.

Don't let the snail-crab pinch you!

Just when you thought it was safe to stay out of the water...the piranha have learned to walk.

Makes sense in a game like this, there'd be an opportunity to form romances and get married. I like that there appears to be same-sex options, too. Good on you, Team17!

I have heard the game is set in a post-apocalyptic world. Kudos to them for averting the Mad Max aesthetic.

Well, as someone who played Stardew Valley, I have to say this game reminds me of that one a lot. I did enjoy Stardew, but felt a bit...overwhelmed at it sometimes. Hopefully, this'll have a slower pace. I also liked the general look of the game. I think I'll give this one a try. Hope there's a demo!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some additional support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar! It would be greatly appreciated! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment