Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Godzilla: King of the Monsters Final Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in July of last year, I gave my thoughts on the first trailer for Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Legendary Pictures' sequel to the 2014 film Godzilla. This is the third film in Legendary's MonsterVerse franchise, and it will be the 35th film in the Godzilla franchise. I remember being pretty excited for this movie when it was announced. I really liked the 2014 Godzilla movie. I also own Kong: Skull Island, and I have to watch it sometime. Anyway, let's look at this trailer!


Ah, an average day on an oil field. Nothing bad could possibly happen here.

Oh look, they struck oil! ...in a field that's already harvesting oil.

See? Even giant monsters agree! We need to support green power!

Ooh, look at Mothra! She looks awesome!

...is that supposed to be Anguirus?

And here we see Rodan enjoying his regular volcano bath. They're very relaxing for him. They loosen the tense wing muscles.

That looks like a Mothra larva. I'm guessing that Millie Bobby Brown's character will have a bond of sorts with it.

I like the shot of King Ghidorah with the cross. If any of Toho's kaiju can be considered the Devil, it's King Ghidorah. It is often the villain of the Godzilla films.

Godzilla's like "ALRIGHT! I'M AWAKE! WHADDAYA WANT?!"

Oh hey, Dr. Serizawa! How you doing?

Something really cool about seeing Godzilla march into battle being flanked by jet fighters.

Alright, we're seeing some tag-team action with this movie! I'm also hoping that we see Godzilla and the other monsters team up to fight Ghidorah. After all, they've done it before.

I like the action going to the beat of the music.

BOOM.

OUCH. THAT HAS TO HURT.

Ghidorah puts the shock in "Shock and Awe".

I have to admit, I never thought I'd see "Over the Rainbow" used like this.

They're right. This is Godzilla's world.

I am really excited for this movie! It looks like it will be a real blast. As I have said, I enjoyed the last Godzilla movie that Legendary put out, so I can't wait to see their takes on the other classic Toho monsters. They all look spectacular, and this trailer has gotten me so excited for this movie!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you enjoyed it, spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some additional support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment