Sunday, April 28, 2019

Starlink: Battle for Atlas - Crimson Moon

Back in September of last year, I talked about a game from Ubisoft called Starlink: Battle for Atlas. It was a space opera game that told the tale of a crew from the Atlas system that fought an evil warlord named Grax and his Forgotten Legion. The Nintendo Switch version of the game would also cross over with the Starfox franchise.

The game has what is called a "toys-to-life" gimmick. Basically, you can buy these little toy spaceships, as well as attachments for the ships. You put the ships on your controller, and you can play the ships in the game, as well as use the toy weapons. Thankfully, from what I understand, the gimmick is optional. The game got favorable reviews on the Xbox One, but the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 version got a more mixed reception.

Well, it turns out that the Nintendo Switch version is getting a special mission pack called Crimson Moon. Let's look at the announcement trailer!



Because a game expansion/update called Crimson Moon has to be set on a red satellite. It only makes sense, after all.

Fortune, huh? I wonder if he's related to Amos Fortune.


I can't help but wonder if Ubisoft was inspired by Canto Bight from The Last Jedi. I just watched that film again on Netflix recently. It was a good movie.

The Outlaw Games, huh? I can imagine some of the events. 100m Dine-and-Dash! Heavy Loot Lifting! Speed Pickpocketing!

Ooh, racing! I like racing! Speaking of racing, I've gotten Road Redemption for my Switch, and it's a ton of fun.

Ohhh, arena combat too, huh? That's neat.

Reminds me of that scene in Return of the Jedi where the Millennium Falcon flies into the Death Star to blow up its power core.

Hmm...some puzzle-solving elements, perhaps? Would make sense if the goal of this expansion is to find a treasure...

Ooh, new characters. I wonder if that means new ships and weapons, too.

Yup, I think we're getting new ships!

And there's Star Wolf. Makes sense, the Star Fox team is helping the good guys deal with the Forgotten Legion, so they would be causing trouble here.

I wonder if each of the Star Fox team's Arwings have individual abilities? That would make sense from a character perspective, and would increase replayability.

Well, color me intrigued. I do remember being excited for this game when it was announced. I certainly do hope Crimson Moon is not the only expansion/update this game will get. I like that Crimson Moon is going to add some new characters as well as add some extra things to do. I do hope that it's at a reasonable price.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you enjoyed it, please spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some additional support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar! It would be greatly appreciated! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment