Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Text Play: Pokemon Mega Adventure #21

Welcome back to the Akiba Region! It is entry number 21 in my Text Play journey through Pokémon Mega Adventure!


With Sabrina beaten and the seventh Gym conquered, it's time to move on. I traveled a bit through Route 14, which is a very short route. The route leads to the base of Mt. Snarlet. There's quite an interesting variety of Pokémon in the grass patches here. There's an item right in the screenshot, and a Berry Patch.


The item is a Full Restore. Aguav and Babiri berries are growing in that patch in the screenshot. There's another Berry Patch nearby.


This patch has Chilan and Sitrus berries growing in it. A trainer nearby informs me that Mt. Snarlet is swarming with Team Prime. It does make sense they'd retreat after Sabrina and I sent them packing. And it looks like they did not get very far. We battled. Nearby, there was this house.


The man inside tells me never to eat salt, as you'll feel saltish. Okay...


Near the house was a cave. Upon entering the cave, I seemingly get challenged by a trainer. But he actually had a favor to ask of me. He tried to take on the Team Prime grunts in the cave, evidently the cave is crawling with them, but he got his butt kicked. He makes me an offer: if I beat them all, he'll give me a Mega Stone. My player character agrees to do so. Eh, why not? They could use another whuppin'.

It does make a bizarre form of sense that Team Prime would still be here. They just got driven away from Synchrone City, so they could not have gotten very far. Also, I can imagine they would hide out in a cave until they can flee further away. I can't imagine them wanting a rematch. Anyway, my journey through the cave ended suddenly, as there was a big creek/lake going through the mountain.


Yeah, I'm going to need a Pokémon that knows Surf to get further. Ugh. Gotta go back and go grab my Poliwag. God's sake, I miss Ride Pokémon. After adding Poliwag to my team and teaching it Surf, I thought I'd grind it up a bit using my EXP share. I managed to get it to evolve into Poliwhirl. Yay. While grinding, I noticed that Mt. Snarlet has a bridge nearby.


Don't take this bridge. It does not lead anywhere. It's pointless. I call it the Appendix Bridge. It's useless, and its removal would not affect anything. Walking on the bridge makes the Pokémon following you go completely bonkers. It glitches out. I'm guessing there was some goof-up in the coding, I have no idea.

Back inside the cave! As I said earlier, to get further ahead, you have to have a Pokémon that knows Surf. While Surfing the waterway inside the cave, I found this area here.


I got a Dragon Fang there. You give it to a Pokémon, and it boosts the power of Dragon-type moves. Maybe I can give it to my Garchomp. Swimming further ahead, I found an inlet where there are a couple of Team Prime grunts that needed a beating. There's also a Max Revive here.



I suggest you pick that up. Max Revives are very helpful. Surfing through the area, I found a cave. Once I entered, I got into a Double Battle with a pair of Team Prime grunts. Thundra the Luxray and Moguera the Garchomp easily took care of them. Funny enough, after beating them, one of them wonders why I'm so strong. Because I spend time training my Pokémon, dude. To the right of the entrance was an alley, with an item at the end.


It's a jar of Calcium. Also, keep something in mind before coming to this cave...get Repels. Trust me. Repels are invaluable here. From the entrance, I headed to the left, and upwards. Encountered a Team Prime grunt, and beat him. I further headed right, and found a ladder. How big is this cave?

From the ladder, the cave becomes a bit of a maze. Exploring around, I did find some things.


Here's a Dragon Gem. After some running around, I found another item and a ladder.



That's a PP Up! The ladder leads to another floor. Nearby, there's another item.


Get it. It's a Max Ether. Eventually, I found a way out of the cave...I think. This cave is a very long maze, with Team Prime everywhere. My Pokémon are at level 60 or near it, but I think I may need to do even more grinding. Lovely. This cave is a maze. I found a ladder, but it lead to what was essentially a circle. There is an item and a Team Prime Ace nearby.


The item is a  Nugget. Free money! The Ace had a Roserade and a Sceptile...which could Mega Evolve. My Incineroar took care of them easily. I found another item.


It's a Max Potion. I did manage to find my way back, but this cave is long and complicated. I should have bought more supplies, especially Revives. Eh, who am I kidding? Revives are expensive.

I should have also bought Escape Ropes, as well. Butterfree can't learn Fly, so I can't get out of here. I continued on, battled another Team Prime Ace, who had another Mega Pokémon. There's another item here.


It's a Muscle Band. Geez, I hate this cave. I hate it so much. I am attempting to backtrack, but it's long and there's a lot of Pokémon encounters. In an attempt to backtrack, I found some more items.


Here's a Heart Scale.


Here's a Dusk Stone.


Here's TM82: Dragon Tail. Funny enough, I beat a Team Prime grunt before finding that, and she said that she didn't care if I stopped them or not. Must be about as fed up with this cave as I am. Eventually, I did manage to make my way back to the Pokémon Center. I did some grinding, and decided to tackle this blasted Cave once and for all. I found a Rare Candy and Rocky Helmet over my exploration. I hate this cave. I also found a Muscle Band. Lot of items here, and lots of Pokémon to catch. about the only two positives of this place.

I hate this cave. I hate this cave so much. I REALLY hate this cave. I did seriously consider giving up on this game because of this stupid overly-long cave...until I found a YouTube video playlist of a Let's Play of this game. Maybe it can help me get through this cave. Hopefully in the next entry, I will have found a way out of this blasted place. I really don't want to give up on this game and end this here. I am real close to the end, and I'd hate to have to stop it because of this cruddy cave.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, please spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some additional support, please drop a tip in my Digital Tip Jar! It would be greatly appreciated! See you next time!

Pokémon Obtained
Route 14
- Nidorina
- Carbink
- Ursaring
- Pangoro
- Miltank
- Poliwhirl (evolved from Poliwag)

Mt. Snarlet
- Magnezone
- Exploud
- Nidoking
- Pupitar
- Braviary
- Encountered Rockruff, couldn't catch
- Encountered Carbink
- Encountered Druddigon

Mt .Snarlet Cave
- Barbaracle
- Seadra
- Machoke
- Gyarados
- Basculin
- Skrelp
- Dragonair
- Flygon
- Swoobat
- Probopass
- Encountered Steelix
- Encountered Sliggoo
- Encountered Golbat
- Encountered Mawile
- Encountered Excadrill
- Encountered Graveler
- Encountered Lairon
- Encountered Aggron
- Encountered Haxorus
- Encountered Ferrothorn
- Encountered Shelgon
- Encountered Digglesby
- Encountered Jangmo-o
- Encountered Onix

No comments:

Post a Comment